Installing Viber desktop on your computer is pretty easy. Just like any other application, it consists of few steps. In this case, the steps are very simple. Viber aslo does not contain any viruses at all and as long as you download your Viber for Desktop from www.viber.com, it will be safe to install without worry.
Before you start installing it on your computer, make sure you meet the system and hardware requirements. And yes, you must have Viber installed on your mobile first to be able to use Viber desktop.
The minimum hardware requirement for Windows and Mac desktop computers are: a dual core processor, 1 GB RAM, a microphone and speakers for voice calls, a webcam for video calls, and AD2P compatible Bluetooth receiver for Bluetooth devices.
The minimum system requirements for desktop computers are:
- for Windows users: Windows XP Service pack 3 and above; Windows Vista; Windows 7 or Windows 8 (RT is not supported);
- for Mac users: OSX 10.7 and above.
If you meet those system and hardware requirements on your desktop computer, make sure you have one of the following Viber mobile versions prior to desktop registration to be able to use Viber desktop:
- Viber 3.0 for Android
- Viber 3.0 for iPhone
- Viber 2.4 for Blackberry
- Viber 2.2.3 for Windows Phone 8 (partly compatible, might encounter sync issues)
- Viber for Windows Phone 7, S40/S60 & Bada: (any Viber version is partly compatible, might encounter sync issues).
If both system and hardware requirements are fulfilled, you should be done with your installation in few minutes or less…
1. Download the installation file on your computer and run it. You can download it from Viber’s official site using this link.
2. If you are not the admin on you computer, right-click on the file and choose ‘Run as an admin’. You will be asked to provide the admin password.
When Viber launches, it prompts a question. Hit “Yes” and you’ll be asked for your phone number.
After you input your number, you’ll receive a four-digit code on your Viber mobile app. Type it into the window on your desktop application. Read and accept the Viber User License Agreement and click ‘Enter Viber’.
After completing the installation, Viber desktop will automatically sync your contacts with the contacts stored in your mobile Viber.
You’re ready for free communication via PC!